For the first time the British Council Kazakhstan, Chevening Alumni Association in Kazakhstan and UK Alumni Kazakhstan are launching a mentoring programme for UK graduates in Kazakhstan.
Mentorship programmes are increasingly gaining recognition as an essential professional development and capacity building tool. More and more organizations are beginning to adopt this type of staff development initiative, and many young professionals find it helpful to seek career advice from experienced senior professionals.
In this regard, the British Council Kazakhstan’s UK Alumni Mentorship Project will be a bridge between experienced UK graduates working in more senior positions and fresh UK graduates.
We would like to encourage you to consider mentoring as part of your development, whether you become a mentor or a mentee.
Why should I become a mentor?
- Opportunity to receive appreciation by helping mentees to develop
- Understand your own career path from a different and fresh perspective and how to modify your own approach
- Increase your profile and the profile of your organization
- Contribute to the development of professional society in Kazakhstan
Why should I become a mentee?
- Receive support and guidance, and access to broader experience
- Gain support for your own development, growth and progress
- Gain increased exposure to people working in senior leadership positions
- Build your professional networks
- Receive personalised career advice and support
If you are a UK alumnus or alumna and have knowledge, skills and experience you want to share with a younger generation of UK graduates, or if you are a recent UK graduate who wants to learn from a more experienced UK alumni, please apply by filling in a short online form:
The deadline for all applications is 28 April 2018.
|22 May||Training for mentors and mentees (will be delivered online)|
|26 May 2018||Launch event in Astana (travel for participants from other cities of Kazakhstan will be arranged)|
|June, July 2018||Eight mentoring sessions|
|End of July 2018||Final event in Astana (travel for participants from other cities of Kazakhstan will be arranged)|
Please contact Alumni@kz.britishcouncil.org if you have questions.