We are pleased to launch an open call for an online learning programme for professionals working in the cultural and creative industries with an interest in policy development.
About the programme
Supporting the Creative Economy: a programme for policy makers is a four-week immersive self-taught online learning programme for sector professionals working in the cultural and creative industries. The programme was created by the British Council and Cultural Oxford Associates (UK) in partnership with ololo (Kyrgyzstan).
The programme is open to participants from Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. It will build professionals’ understanding of the creative economy, providing insights, case studies and practical knowledge to inform their policy development work. The programme will give participants new ideas and tools to support the creative and cultural industries in their city/region/country, as well as extend their professional networks within the UK and internationally.
The online programme will run for four weeks from 26 February to 25 March 2024 and will be augmented by three live sessions for participants that will involve peer-networking and cross-border ideation.
Each module will not take longer than two hours to complete, including core content and learning activities.
Participants who complete the full programme will receive a certificate of completion from the British Council and Cultural Associates Oxford.
Download the programme (PDF, 213 KB).
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 17 January 2024: Call for applications
- 7 February 2024: Deadline for applications
- 26 February – 1 March 2024: Successful candidates notified
- 26 February – 1 March 2024: Reserved and unsuccessful candidates notified
- 26 February 2024: Programme and live sessions start
- 25 March 2024: Programme ends
How to apply
We welcome applicants from Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan who are:
- specialists and middle-level managers working in the public sector
- sector professionals working in the cultural and creative industries with an interest in policy making and development.
All the course materials will be presented in English and videos will be subtitled in Russian.
To take part in the programme, please complete and submit the online application form by 7 February 2024. Participation is free.
The following eligibility criteria must be met:
- The participant is based in one of the following countries: Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan.
- The participant works in the cultural and creative industries and the creative economy.
- The participant is able to commit to the learning programme from 26 February to 25 March 2024.
- The participant is over 18 years old.
Applications will be assessed by a project team consisting of representatives from the British Council and Cultural Associates Oxford.
The team will assess applications on the applicant’s eligibility and the quality of information provided in the application form.
In your application, it is important to clearly express why you are interested in the programme and how you think it will help you to contribute to the development of the cultural and creative industries in your country.
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.