Connect and collaborate with universities, colleges, education policy makers and other partners in the UK and around the world.
The British Council’s Going Global Partnerships programme is about working together internationally to ensure that higher education and technical and vocational education and training (TVET) meet the needs of our societies, economies and students.
Through the programme, you can connect and collaborate with universities, colleges, education policy makers and other partners in the UK and Kazakhstan. Find out what we offer you.
UK-Kazakhstan Small Grant Scheme for Transnational Education (TNE) Strategy Design.
British Council Kazakhstan is offering a small grant scheme to foster higher education collaboration between UK and Kazakhstan universities. This Call for Proposals is part of Going Global Partnerships Programme.
About the grant scheme
Grant of £10,000 each is provided to 10 UK universities to partner with the universities from Kazakhstan to establish dialogue and start planning development of the strategy for transnational education.
The outcome focuses on a strategy towards creating specific transnational education tools, product and/or structures. The strategy design process takes up to four months.
The first round was delivered from March to July 2022 where the grants were awarded to the following partnerships:
- Heriot-Watt University and Nazarbayev University
- University of Lincoln and Baishev University with Kazakh-Russian International University
- University of Nottingham and Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
- University of Wolverhampton and Kazakh-Russian Medical University
The second round will be delivered from September 2022 to January 2023 by the following partnerships:
- University of Reading and Kazakh-British Technical University
- University of London (SOAS ) and Al-Farabi Kazakh National University with L.N.Gumilev Eurasian National University
- University of Kent and M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University with Suleyman Demirel University
- University of Warwick and L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University
- Edge Hill University and Kazakh-American Free University
- Oxford Brookes University and L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University
- University of Birmingham and Narxoz University
- University of Sheffield and Satbayev University
- University of Northampton and Almaty Management University
- University of Portsmouth and Karaganda Industrial University
Any enquiries should be sent to Nadia.Trubova@britishcouncil.org.
Find out about other Going Global Partnerships funding calls and other opportunities below.
Find out about other Going Global Partnerships funding calls and other opportunities below. Please also see our other British Council higher education and science opportunities, sign up to our higher education newsletter, and see our skills and employability opportunities.